If your idea of travel is to know the inner workings of another culture, Cudamani ACE tour may be your answer. Under the direction of Emiko Susilo and Dewa Putu Berata, this educational tour provides an insider view of Bali. Designed for those wishing to visit Bali but do not have the luxury of time, each day gives you access to experiences and insights not available by any other travel tour. It is also designed to be a complement to the gamelan and dance training found in the Cudamani Summer Institute (July 14-27.
Our carefully designed itinerary will help you understand and appreciate the creative, social and spiritual world of the Balinese. Central to this appreciation, we recognize that Bali faces increasing environmental and cultural challenges, indeed some now threaten the Balinese way of life. Yet it can be said that the Balinese philosophy of life manages to overcome countless obstacles. The expertise of Emiko and Dewa provide a balanced inside perspective that is tempered by a life time of commitment to their community. This program is open to all ages over 12. In keeping with the Balinese way, we wish to be flexible to individual needs. Regrettably, Balinese temples and household entrances are not wheelchair accessible
- Each day begins with a 1.5 hr Cudamani movement and gamelan workshop. Balinese arts provide a window to the creative and aesthetic world of Bali. Lead by Emiko and Dewa each session is intended to relax and inspire.
- A highlight of your journey will be attending a major temple festival at Pura Pucak Padang Dawa in Tabanan where over one hundred Barong gather for blessings. This visit will include ACE insights in Balinese history, architectural design, and the collective, vibrant and creative activities of the Balinese worshipers. With Cudamani members as your guide, you will attend this ceremony in a manner respectful of the culture.
- Hands on workshops will allow you to try activities such as offering making as you join Pengosekan’s village study group for young Balinese. Basically, the cutest kids imaginable sit next to you with smiles and giggles as you learn how to make offerings together.
- An evening visit to the Bali Arts Festival will include choices to see a variety of Balinese performances, handicrafts, as well as taste the delicacies of food vendors.
- Join in discussions with Cudamani artists and Distinguished ACE Lecturers as we discuss issues facing Bali today, with 4 million tourists visiting each year, the island faces major issues of development and cultural preservation.
- A visit to the village of Pagi will introduce you to the leaders of the Balinese organic rice growers movement. See their owl breeding program, walk through the rice fields and enjoy their local cuisine.We sit in front of the sacred rice barn- which hold the rice harvest-
- Our visit to the Sea Turtle Conservation and Education Centre at Sarangan takes place at the height of the egg laying season. This heartwarming rescue program is a testament to environmental stewardship. After our visit to the centre we gather at the ocean and each of us releases a turtles into the Pacific. .
- We will visit major health initiative lead by expat health care professional Robin Lim, named Women of the Year in 2011 by CNN. (if you are interested in donating medical or newborn supplies, please let us know).
- Daily programs will last from 5-6 hours, allowing for individual time to explore the UBUD area on your own.
Tuition: Double occupancy: $1400; Private room: $1,650; Youth (11-17yrs) with paying family member: $1,000
Deadlines: Registration and Deposit May 15, 2018; Full Payment June 1, 2018.
- Shared or private accommodations at the Artini Resort and Spa
- Daily Breakfast
- Lunch on days in session
- Admission to all events
- Local transportation
- Airport transfer ( only on June 30th and July 8th )
- Welcome reception
- Exclusive and private Çudamani performance
- Farewell dinner
- Discount on tickets to the Çudamani Festival (August 2018)
Limited space. Sign up now!