Under the direction of Emiko Susilo and assisted by Dewa Putu Berata and Judy Mitoma, this will be our first educational tour for those wanting a broader Bali experience before attending the Cudamani Summer Institute and for those wishing to visit Bali but do not have the luxury of time. This one-week program will introduce Bali from the Cudamani insider perspective.
A carefully designed itinerary will help you understand and appreciate the creative, social and spiritual world of the Balinese. Central to this appreciation, we recognize that Bali faces increasing environmental and cultural challenges, indeed these threaten the Balinese way of life. Yet it can be said that the Bali philosophy of life manages to overcome countless obstacles. Cudamani ACE program aims to provide a balanced inside perspective. This program is open to all ages over 12. In keeping with the Balinese way, we wish to be flexible to individual needs. Regrettably, Balinese temples and household entrances are not wheelchair accessible
- Each day begins with a 1.5 hr Cudamani movement and gamelan workshop (optional)
- Visits to temples will include ACE insights in Balinese history, architectural design, and the collective, vibrant and creative activities of the Balinese worshipers.
- Hands on workshops will allow you to try activities such as offering making as you join Pengosekan’s village study group for young Balinese. Basically, the cutest kids imaginable sit next to you with smiles and giggles as you learn how to make offerings together.
- Attend Balinese ceremonies in a manner respectful of the culture with Cudamani members as your guide.
- See local Balinese gamelan and dance groups, handicrafts, and food vendors at the Bali Arts Festival.
- Meet Balinese leader who are tackling the social and environmental concerns facing Bali today. A rich array of NGOs are tackling environmental problems in Bali today. Be introduced to some of the important players such as village farmers who struggle to reintroduce traditional organic rice growing techniques, the heartwarming a sea turtle egg rescue program, and a major health initiative lead by expat health care professionals (if you are interested in donating medical or newborn supplies, please let us know).
- Join in discussions with Cudamani artists and Distinguished ACE Lecturers.
- Daily programs will last from 5-6 hours, allowing for individual time to explore the UBUD area on your own.
Tuition: Double occupancy: $1400; Private room: $1,650; Discount rate for organized groups of ten or more: $1200 per person; Youth (11-17yrs) with paying family member: $1,200
Deadlines: Registration and Deposit May 15, 2017; Full Payment June 1, 2017.
- Shared accommodations at the Artini Resort and Spa
- Daily Breakfast
- Lunch on days in session
- Admission to all events
- Local transportation
- Airport transfer ( July 4th and July 13th)
- Welcome reception
- Exclusive and private Çudamani performance
- Farewell dinner
- 50% discount on tickets to the Çudamani Festival (August 2017)
Limited space. Sign up now! REGISTER NOW AND SUBMIT YOUR DEPOSTI